Tuesday 7 April 2020

Terminator: Genisys

I was debating with myself whether to watch the fourth film for a recap before viewing this one, but it turned out not to be necessary. The previous timeline of this franchise has been torn open completely with all manner of paradoxes taking place within the film; the exception being the conclusion of the previous one. I found myself wondering if this film is a tie-up of the recent TV series that I hadn’t seen, or whether it was an attempt to merge the two. I was also disappointed with the stunts. I found the unexpected appearance on the San Francisco highway a bit unrealistic as the humans nearly reacted like machines; and the helicopter take-off was incomprehensible. The appearance of John Connor resembled an antagonist straight away, so I wasn’t surprised to discover that he was the film’s villain. I was also disappointed by Matt Smith’s lack of screen time, and it would have been nice to see how the original timeline had concluded. The only character worth watching is Arnie; who brings his usual charm to the franchise as he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment