Friday 10 April 2020

CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2020

CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2020CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2020 by CAMRA Campaign for Real Ale
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I now know about a lot more beer and good places to drink it in, from Abbots Ann to Zennor and A-B InBev UK to Zymurgorium; they’re all in there. But what the guide does fail to do in most cases is list where you can get these beers. Not everyone wants to buy a firkin, and after all the book is aimed at the consumer. It’s also hard to put a pub crawl together if you don’t know the area. I feel that some basic public transport information should be included rather than whether a bus stops outside or not. And perhaps there should be some clearer criteria indicating whether the pub is in an urban or rural area or a standalone venue. It’s no good setting off for a quiet drink to find that you’re in the middle of a town centre. I’d love to go out and explore these pubs but they’re all shut. And this makes me wonder if some of them won’t open again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment