Friday 3 April 2020

Social Distancing

Hello over there. Can you back up to your line so that I can come into the middle? No, it’s not line dancing; it’s the latest craze to hit our nation; the two-metre rule. It’s difficult for some people to get the hang of. It’s also awkward when you’re crossing someone on the pavement. If there’s no pavement on the other side, do I step out into the road? Do I turn and walk in the opposite direction? Or do I hit the ground and twist my body in an odd direction so that my face is two metres away from theirs? It’s also awkward in the supermarket. You used to be able to strike up a conversation with a stranger in the queue; now they’ll be terrified if you so much as open your mouth out at them. But I think that the best bit is when they introduce a one-way system in the aisles so that people don’t block you. I’ve been thinking that for years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment