Saturday 25 April 2020

Frozen in Frozen

I bought a 3-D Frozen jigsaw for my four-year-old niece as a Christmas present. The box had 47 pieces and it was recommended for ages three and over. I thought that it would be a series of numbered pieces that would slot together to form a castle, then one of the characters would magically appear. It would be quite easy for her to build on her own. How wrong was I? First, the instructions showed that you needed a smartphone to create the light. What three-year-old has access to their own smartphone? The pieces supplied were in plastic boards which you had to push out before fitting in the correct order, but you also had to push out the slots as well. And some of them were so small that you couldn’t do by hand. I had to unfold a paperclip to pierce the holes. Clearly this is an item that requires assembly by an adult beforehand. If it was up to me, this piece of crap would go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment