Sunday 19 April 2020

Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that Í may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.

-Mahatma Gandhi. You may not be able to turn yourself into an elephant, but you can certainly mimic some of the characteristics, and in the eyes of some people that’ll probably do it for them. But who knows? With enough crazy science and perhaps an army of resources, you may just about achieve it. The how is in the planning. If you can identify what you need to achieve your goals, then you’re halfway there. And if you put a time limit on your goal and you fail it, then you need to review your plan to discover what you learnt along the way and whether or not you can prevent failure again. Our whole lives are journeys of discovery, and the only way of bettering ourselves is learning along the way, whether it’s being told or personal experience. The key is to keep trying. But if you don’t believe in yourself, your dream is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment