Monday 27 April 2020

Points of View

Here’s a chance to create a new sharing and caring community about the products and services that we experience while shopping with a company. The fact that the company is interested in opinions of other services is a chance for them to see what their competitors are up to; and how they can further develop and tailor their services to match or improve their own. It’s creating a team of corporate spies without having to pay them. Of course, we’re being bribed, though the promise of a £20 eyecare voucher somewhat limits people to a prize that not everybody wants. And only the company can dictate the agenda; they choose the posts and any negative feedback can quickly be responded to or even shit down and deleted; and it discourages people from posting on other sites that they can’t necessarily control. I’ve just realised by typing this that I’ve sold myself out. The last time I visited the store was to cash in my loyalty points for a pack of mints. Right then, I’m off to unsubscribe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment