Friday 8 November 2019

Watch the Walls

How many shots have I been in but never acknowledged? How many shadows have I brought into the world? Without me, they might not have been. And I always look my best. With a bit of practice, I can blend in to match the colours around me. No-one ever notices the cracks or wrinkles on me either. Sometimes people capture the movement of an eyebrow that I’ve raised to witness what’s going on. Sometimes I purposefully move myself to make the image blurred; especially if they’re an annoying lot. Maybe one day I’ll show them my face. Perhaps some glue might come loose to roll down the wallpaper. I might even shake some nails off. That’ll give them a scare. After all, the attention’s never on me. Everyone assumes that the noise or the vibration’s coming from the other side. No-one ever suspects that something’s inside, waiting to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment