Sunday 3 November 2019

The Checker-Off-erer

One thing that I hate in my job is when other people try to tell you how to perform it. The most common incident is when you’re facing a horde of people anxious to collect their stuff and they’re constantly pointing out to you where each item is. I realise that some of these people have been waiting a while and that if some of my colleagues were a bit more alert then we wouldn’t have this problem; but when you greet someone and all they do is point then I think it’s quite rude. Usually I get my revenge by making a point of reading each number out aloud on the receipt and matching it to their product. It’s what I have to do anyway to ensure that the correct item goes to its new owner; otherwise we’d just be putting things out on a table for anyone to grab.

No comments:

Post a Comment