Saturday 22 April 2017

Cookie Time

After a hard day on the sauce, I like to wind down with a good old Chinese takeaway to soak up the sauce. I usually have something basic like a chicken curry, but I go for the novelty rice with pork and prawns and a starter to make it more interesting. Sometimes I have to get two starters when there are poachers about. Our local Chinese is very efficient; it’s run by a young couple who are authentically Chinese; and have even learned to use an English spellchecker. They’re also not machines; if you order by number there’s a slight delay as they have to look up the dish. Tonight’s lucky aperitif was a fortune cookie; albeit a manufactured one rather than a freshly cooked one, hence Bad Chinese Gramor. It also hasn’t come true, since I can’t think of any colleagues who have recently planned to tie the knot. Plus the cookie itself was very small and dry. Another superstition let-down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment