Friday 2 December 2016

Goodbye Mr. Norton

I’m finally getting rid of Norton. Why pay for a virus checker when there’s a benefit that offers the same service for free, and that this new service is recommended by a major on-line security service which is industry-regulated (until the Americans recommended that they were subject to fraud this morning). And even that story is misleading; if you dig deeper than the banner on the BBC news you’ll discover that it’s more to do with international investors rather than British mortgages. But I don’t trust the Americans or the banner on the news. They’re the first in line to exaggerate things which is why every news story is dissected as soon as it arrives onto our screens, and also Mr. Norton hasn’t been the best at responding to my software issues. So I’m looking forward to uninstalling in the next week, and I’m hoping that some of my programs will run a lot faster. The only downside is that I have to make up a password tracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment