Friday 9 December 2016

An attempt at camping

I’ve been invited to a walking festival with my friend up in Leeds. I'm a bit rushed for time as I need to help set up the local beer festival; and by the time I've organised my kit for both walking and drinking; I'm actually leaving town during the early school rush. So, after getting stuck on the M1 and not being able to get in touch with a local camping site, I grudgingly accept an offer to stay at my friend’s house rather than struggle to put up a tent in the rain. I’m a bit disappointed as I’ve brought a whole camp kitchen with me. I had to struggle to close the boot. So after reaching his house and setting up camp in his sister’s old bedroom, I’m treated to a tour of his allotment before we decide to go and get some food. The kebab shop is quite quiet as everyone’s in the pub watching England lose in the Euros. I go for a regular mixed kebab in a naan; thinking that a Yorkshire large will be very large indeed; while my friend opts for an extra-large vegetarian pizza. hmmm 

No comments:

Post a Comment