Tuesday 8 November 2016

Young's Best Bitter at the Vernon Arms, Liverpool

It was time to catch up with the others who were doing a tour of Dale Street. Had I known it was that far I would have abandoned my plans, but with a bit of determination I followed the blue dot on my phone past the streams of football fans. The strange thing was that there didn’t seem to be any signs of night life until I hit Dale Street itself. I wandered into the Vernon Arms to find a crowd watching a noisy band with many locals enjoying the atmosphere. It was a fight to get to the bar, but once I’d been served by a disgruntled barmaid I found a post to lean on and enjoy the music. It was nice to see a live band but it ruined the full potential of the pub and we weren’t able to look into any of the other rooms. The frosted glass windows gave the pub an individual look but once inside it felt like I could have been anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment