Monday 14 November 2016

Quest for the Station #dreamdiary12

I’m on my lunch break and I must meet someone in Wolverhampton. The strange thing is that I’ve only got an hour to get to and from Stratford upon Avon where my work day must resume and it’s a meeting, so I will be noticeably missed. I reach the bar for my rendezvous but the person that I’m due to meet isn’t there. I’ve then got to begin my return journey by heading back to the rail station. Instead of going for the urban route I decide to walk as the crow flies for a faster journey, and walk through a suburban housing estate. It’s a long wide open road with many cul-de-sacs running from it, and there’s a few bus stops along the way so there’s a good chance of getting a lift into town. I fish in my pockets but I only have a single ticket; but I have some coins with me. The first two buses that go past seem to be rented vehicles for the elderly, and as I approach another bus stop, one pulls in right in front of me. I make a dash for it and wave my ticket but it sets off; evidently another elderly only bus. I cross the road and suddenly I hear a train announcer. I look around and see a small corridor with a staircase in between a row of shops. I climb the steps and at the top is a tunnel which looks like it leads into the station, but I would need to crawl through. Do I follow it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment