Sunday 31 January 2016

The repair man

My aunt has just brought her computer round as it has decided to stop working. I instantly notice that the power lead is very loose, but suggests that she takes it into a repair shop as it is still charging and has power, yet won’t re-boot. I googled how much a new cable would cost, and the nearest computer repair shop, and was surprised to learn that the closest one had actually turned into a vintage record store. I also googled what the various combinations of flashing lights meant, but all the manufacturer pages asked me to download their free tool, which isn’t a great help when it was my aunt’s machine that was broken, not mine (great help guys). There are various options for her to take into account, and the last thing I want doing is her to buy a new one which would mean that muggins here would have to get everything up and running for her again. But hopefully she will get great service from Mr. computer man.

No comments:

Post a Comment