Friday 29 January 2016

Stop the Train!

Earlier this month, I introduced my three-year-old niece to Stop the Train! It’s an old board game that I played when I was little, and I’m very fond of it. After playing a number of her creative games, we eventually convinced her to give it a try. It’s a very simple and addictive game, and it’s a real shame that they don’t sell it any more. Each player has three passengers which need to take a round trip across the board and return home. Movement is through a coloured dice to make things simple, and you then choose which of the two trains to move. The game is mainly through luck of the dice, but you can be tactical by forcing people to miss their stop because the seats are full, or delay them by forcing them to change trains. She absolutely loves it, along with her mum who also played, and since then her sister has played it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment