Wednesday 27 January 2016

What cult have I joined now?

So there I was, finally on the train. I’d managed to buy the birthday cards that made me last the previous one, so the next thing to do was to write them. An elderly Indian lady attracts my attention and asks how long the ride is to Birmingham. She then explains to me that she’s just moved into Redditch at the hospital to work. She then asks about the supermarkets and the buses that go there, followed by places to visit and things to see and ideas for walks. She mentions that she is a Methodist and asks where the nearest church is. Honestly, if you’re going to move somewhere, wouldn’t you try and find out a bit more about the area first? I now have her number and she wants to meet for coffee and cake with her friend to discuss this further. Do I really look that different to everyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment