Saturday 2 January 2016

My NYE

So how did I see in the New Year this year? Well, for the second time in a row I’d won the wonderful privilege of being allowed to start work at 5 in the morning. I hadn’t received any party offers so I decided to invite some friends over for a game of cards, and that we would get in a Chinese feast. But the first friend couldn’t afford it, so it was changed to pizza, but the second friend couldn’t eat cheese. And they both didn’t manage to make it round until 9pm, and also decided that staying till 2am would be fine, despite me telling them about working the same morning. So after watching fireworks, Bryan Adams in concert and a Christmas special, they finally disappeared allowing me a whole hour’s sleep before driving to work and making a u-turn on my usual route as someone had crashed down the side of the steep hill. But the best bit was being able to wake up all the customers who’d paid for a morning delivery. Well, they did ask for it…

No comments:

Post a Comment