Monday 1 February 2016

It's survey time!

It’s survey time for the Good Beer Guide, and my plan was to pop over during a quiet period, ask the staff if all the details are up to date, sup a pint then catch up on my blogging. As soon as I walked through the door, I saw a couple I know having a meal. I waved to acknowledge them then headed straight for the bar, but then they came over and invited me to join us. So as soon as I’d finished questioning the staff, I headed over to watch them finish their meal. But they were very accommodating, and once they’d finished swapping food (which was quite an odd order, steak and mash with scampi and a corn on the cob) we got each other up to date. Before I left, I headed over to the bar once more to get a quick snapshot of their regular beers and cider and made a mental note of their prices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment