Friday 19 February 2016

Waddle it be at the Woodman, Birmingham

Our epic pub crawl concluded at the Woodman in Birmingham. For some reason my Brummie friends decided that a taxi would be the best way to get there; but because of the match day traffic I thought that it wouldn't make much difference. We arrived at the pub and the first beer I chose was a pale ale from the dancing Duck brewery; Waddle It Be? It was a great name and a great beer; but the next thing on our agenda was food. The pub had drawn up a Burns night menu; which was launched just for us as part of the crawl. I ordered the haggis burger; while everyone else was contempt with the haggis, neeps and tatties. This caused for another pint; so I tried the new local pale ale from the Indian Brewing company; which was kept well but wasn’t anything special. We were then invited to dine in the upstairs room; the food was very nice apart from the hair which I found but decided to carry on munching as I kind of knew the chef and so decided to give him a chance. My final pint to wash it all away with was an Unweal Stout; which had lots of oatmeal flavours. I was treated to this by a visiting landlord; who also chose to shower our table with pork pies and packs of crisps. I left with the local pubs officer who offered to direct me to the train station. All in all, it was a good day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment