Friday 7 June 2024

The Frank of Joy

I can’t recall if this was in place or not during my visit. I tend to focus on what’s inside rather than it’s exteriors, though I suppose that this will have to change now. Two randy pensioners isn’t what I’d choose to post on my wall, though it might give off the impression of everlasting love to some. To others, they might have just met. Inside, there’s a long traditional wooden bar in a corridor with stools to match. You get the impression that little has changed much over the years and you’d probably find someone holding a cigarette in the next room. The bar has a window and you probably wouldn’t be surprised if a plastic shutter came down if the publican was to refuse you service. There’s an open parlour room opposite with tables and stools, and a long banquette on the wall. There’s also a smaller lounge at the back, though this was filled with folk musicians while I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment