Monday 11 December 2023

Water's Calling #eckington 5

It’s frustrating when you’ve been out for the day and you’ve left your car in a perfectly legal spot to find that you’ve been boxed in, simply because the car park has become too full. It wasn’t like that when I left it. We noticed it as soon as we returned to the car, but luckily we weren’t going to leave straight away. We’d brought a picnic, and as it was a lovely day the whole village and its neighbours had come over to the river for a dip. Some had even bought boats. But because they’d parked behind me, they’d left very little room for me to reverse out. The only way to achieve it was to keep pulling back and forward making little S-turns while brassed off until I had enough room to pass. I thought about leaving a note on the windscreen but typically I hadn’t got a pen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment