Wednesday 20 December 2023

Bags of Trouble #dreamdiary 168

A middle-aged couple are returning a grey Reebok sports satchel to the store that I work in. The woman is short with curly hair and wears glasses and a large winter overcoat while the man is bit taller and skinnier and he’s bald and wearing a cardigan. There’s nothing wrong the bag and it’s still in its cellophane wrapper. I wander off with it down a corridor at a slow pace. It’s fairly busy, and its wooden floor is raised over a beach separated by a wooden barrier. I file the bag away on the shelf for another customer to purchase. I suddenly realise that I have no idea what the couple want instead other than they’re expecting a different product. They may be assuming that I’m bringing it out for them but I haven’t even made an enquiry as to what they want. I decide that I’d better go and have a look at their receipt to make sure that it’s all valid and that they haven’t just pulled a bag off the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment