Tuesday 30 May 2023

Ticket to Leave #dreamdiary 155

I’ve been riding a bus to the town centre. I can’t remember where I’ve been but my next port of call is a ten-minute walk home. There seems to be groups of people wearing pink hi-vis vests at every exit. They seem to be asking for people’s tickets. When I boarded the bus I wasn’t issued with one because I got on at a stop in the countryside where the bus’s card reader didn’t get enough reception to read my card so the driver just waved me on. I don’t really want to walk past them without explaining that I haven’t paid for a ticket, then I wonder if they actually saw me get off a bus. As it’s a public throughfare they can’t stop me leaving, especially if I’m a pedestrian browsing in the shops above the bus station. I leave and explain that I’ve eaten in one of the fast-food restaurants upstairs and they let me through. Hooray for half-arsedness. But as I walk down the next road there’s a woman in a pink hi-vis vest who just won’t let me past despite me reciting my earlier reasons. Is she on to me? And just where does her jurisdiction end? 

No comments:

Post a Comment