Friday 17 March 2023

Things to Come #dreamdiary 150

I’m driving a white Lotus complete with rear spoiler. The only trouble is that it’s quite run-down and rusty, and I’m having trouble trying to start it. When it does start, the engine rattles. My friends refuse to venture inside it or help me push it home when I break down. I’m in a bit of a fix as it will cost a fortune to repair, let alone make it roadworthy. A few days later, I manage to trade it for a small white van, but not only does the exhaust rattle, it’s also prone to large bangs which startles the neighbours. Everyone seems to be upgrading to electric cars which I can’t afford as brand-new and no-one’s selling them second-hand, not even a hybrid. Instead it’s much cheaper to buy a car with a traditional engine from someone that just wants space on their drive and hope that it’ll be legal enough for the next few months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment