Tuesday 5 October 2021

Old and Grey

I needed some new smart t-shirts for going out and about in. I picked some up from the shops and my last one was an online order. The choice of size was limited to the usual male range, and I wasn’t sure what the texture of the cotton would be. It was an interesting shirt since the sleeves were a slightly different shade to the body of the garment. When it arrived, the feel of it was nice, soft and smooth. But when I tried it on, it looked ridiculously baggy. It was the kind of shirt that an American teenager would wear in a heatwave to keep cool. It was the kind of size that an American footballer would fill out proudly. But on me, it just emphasised my skinniness. When I looked in the mirror, there was more shirt than person. And now that shirt’s got to go on a journey back to the warehouse in the hope that it’ll be passed onto someone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment