Monday 16 April 2018

Happy as Halfords

I desperately needed an MOT. Somehow, I’d managed to let it expire by about a week. I’m used to going to the dealer but it’s getting way too expensive to keep up with what these flash boys want. My local independent is just up the road but they caused a fault with my Aunt’s car and it took a while to fix. I looked around for discounts through work but their garages were all too far away. I settled on Halfords as it was a chain close to me. After I’d booked online, I pulled in which was a bit of a mean feat in itself as I’d partly forgotten the way and missed a turn. Fortunately, I still managed to check in on time for my morning appointment. There was a dedicated reception with seating and once I’d confirmed what I was booked in for and signed in I was all set to go. The receptionist nearly forgot to take the key off me but asked about the log book and wheel nut keys which I keep in the glove box. So off I went for the rest of the day wandering how soon they’d phone me. I didn’t want to phone them to interrupt them. I went to the gym, did some shopping, had a coffee ten walked home but still no phone call. It was only when I started to walk back to the garage that I remembered that I could have checked on the DVLA website. Nevertheless, they did the job and gave me the friendly independent advice that I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment