Tuesday 27 March 2018

The Man From U.N.C.L.E (2015)


I jumped into this film with baited breath. Its exciting title had me thinking of James bond-type gadgets and exotic locations as the agents trail the world to solve their mission. The reality is anything but. There’s a bit of amusing banter between the spies as they discover each other’s listening bugs in their rooms but that’s about it. There’s no background information about the actual agency or how it’s different from a government branch. I also thought that Cadvill’s performance was very flat, as both he and Hammer always spoke in a calm, unemotional voice. It was as if Guy Ritchie had asked him to be an American Roger Moore. There was a lot of emphasis on style and wearing flashy suits while staying in plush hotel rooms. I totally lost the plot when Hugh Grant appeared on the screen and had fell asleep by then so I had no idea what was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment