Friday 9 March 2018

Down the Drain at Wickes

It never ceases to amaze me that when you want just one thing no bigger than your hand you go to the biggest place that you can think of only to find it’s not there. We needed a new plug for the kitchen sink. The old one had snapped from its key snip. I thought that the easiest place to get one from would be Wickes, so I popped down to my local branch after work. The place was surprisingly small for its outside appearance. I wandered about looking in all the obvious sections and thought that the best place to look would be the plumbing section. I found various pipes and u-bends but could not locate a simple 40mm plug. There was a small sign saying that their plumbing section was currently being refurbished and to ask for help if you couldn’t find anything. So just before leaving I decided to do just that and got a vague wave in the direction of the plumbing section. And that was my assistance. Later I went on-line to find that they only sold white rubber ones anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment