Monday 19 March 2018

Reuben #GC2

A few minutes later, a tall young man in a brown waistcoat with a mop of brown hair walked in and rang the bell. He peered through the vacant hatch then turned around and saw me sitting down with my bags.
‘Oh hello. Did you arrive today?’
‘Yeah, I didn’t know that we could move in any earlier. Are you here to show me to my room?’
‘No, I just came to collect a parcel.’
‘Oh. Well, I think she just went up to look for someone.’
‘Well, how about I show you to your room? She’ll probably come back empty-handed; I expect most people are still in bed hungover after last night’s welcome party.’ Damn. I’d had visions of partying hard with a group of life-long friends, but it looks like I’ve missed the first bonding.
‘Are you sure you don’t mind?’
‘It’s no problem. My name’s Reuben by the way.’
‘Eli-Lizzie. I’m Lizzie.’

No comments:

Post a Comment