Thursday 9 February 2017

The Merry Berry Tree

All I want to do is to stretch up high into the sky and touch the sun so that I can keep as warm as possible throughout the year. The darkness terrifies me both day and night; so I must stretch out to stay away from the shadows as much as possible. There’s a lot of competition around me, so I’m trying to scatter my seeds to take over and crush the other trees. In the meantime, I must occupy as much space as possible as there’s plenty of greenery below me. Being tall, I do get the first choice of rain as it falls onto the sky and I’m happy that those below me may only use my excess, but there’s plenty of opportunity for them to do the same for me if I don’t secure my roots as well. This battle has been going on for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment