Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Pedestrian

These mysterious creatures roam the pavements at all hours, and, eventually, stumble into the road too. Some are old ladies walking dogs with a beaming smile on their face; watching you as you pass as if to say, ‘Look, I'm fit; I'm out there and I'm walking and I'm exercising too; and you are not. I’m caring for another being.’ Some are strange hooded folk with earphones on their ears and phones out in front; as if seeking for guidance for where they are going and have no sense of what’s around. And some are just too cute and fluffy and you have to slow down for them, as they cautiously make their way across the road for want of not knowing what those two bright white lights are as they make their way from hedgerow to hedgerow. It’s a bit harsh to just squash the life out of them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment