Sunday 29 September 2013

Am I Special?

After a leading supermarket decided to withdraw its supply of mental patient Halloween costumes from its shelves; I'm currently wondering what my official status is. I got very confused at a pub on Thursday when an old lady thought that my friend was looking after a group of us. But on a lot of occasions I do say the wrong thing or display negative behaviour because of what someone else had said. At a party on Friday it was very hard to interact with other people. I have noticed lately that I sometimes react too quickly to what others say; and that often it can be interpreted as rude. For instance; at Drayton Manor the other day I echoed the phrase "whatever's easier for you" when I took a wheelchair apart so that my friend could join the ride. Often being smart and commenting on the service being offered does not necessarily mean that the service will instantly be improved. And on that very night I also had a dream about quick speak reactions resulting in isolation. I've also had problems in responding to jokes in jest; and my response has often been too serious.  So I'm currently  evaluating my social skills and what can be done about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment