Tuesday 28 February 2023

Passing the Phone Around

He asked me to pop back in half an hour which I did. He asked me to pop next door and get him a coffee, giving me the money in advance (which I did). He then announced that he’s tested it with the battery that he has, but he believes that it’s the battery which is faulty. He has a few batteries coming in over the next few days and asks me to pop back at the weekend. I arrive at the weekend and he gets to work. He decides that it’s not something that he can fix. Luckily, I don’t receive an invoice for his time, and he even agrees to sign a letter that I devise stating that the phone is repairable. This entitles me to an ad hoc refund, which I can use towards a later model. I went out and bought him a gift card to say thanks, but shops were put into lockdown. I never got round to delivering it. It’s probably expired. I hope they’re still trading.


No comments:

Post a Comment