Thursday 9 February 2023

Playing Shops #dreamdiary 148

I’m running a shop. It’s a small corner shop next to a Polish Deli, and I sell electronic accessories and video games. I haven’t worked for a week because I’ve been on holiday, and I’ve just started the evening shift. I haven’t been given much of a handover. After the afternoon supervisor leaves, I suddenly need to use the bathroom so I pop over to the cake shop across the road. It never occurred to me to lock the door. When I come in, all the shelves are ruffled up and there’s gaps where the video games should be, and I’ve got no idea whether they’ve been swiped or whether I’m wistfully thinking that they’re just spaces waiting for me to re-stock. In storms a flood of friends who have witnessed the event and I’m dying to check CCTV to see what the situation is and give a police report but there’s also a flood of customers waiting to be served and I try to carry on as if nothing’s happened. I should have closed the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment