Monday 9 November 2020

The Silver Dollar

There’s not a lot that you can get for a dollar. Currently, you’re more likely to spend two or three and you’re more likely to pay with a card rather than coins. I wonder if the practice of rounding up will end. You’ll actually be able to pay for a litre of fuel without being charged an extra tenth of a penny. And because we’re not bothering with change any more, you can deduct the exact amount without having bits to throw in charity tins or at tramps. They’ll have to think up other ways to do their fundraising. It also means that there’s no risk of being given a different currency out of the till either. I’m starting to wonder about those bits of paper in my wallet as well. Perhaps I should cash them in now before they fall off the face of the earth. At least I’ll get a bit of interest back, and future generations will wonder what cash is.

No comments:

Post a Comment