Thursday 19 November 2020

Spooks

I enjoyed this series from the start but missed some of the key seasons so I was delighted when I could browse through the whole thing from start to finish. I can certainly see why applications for the service tripled when it was first broadcast. I like the great tension between government departments who can’t trust each other apart from the almighty GCHQ who conveniently locate and pass on information to help advance the plot. There’s usually a few plot lines within each episode and sometimes it’s confusing to remember who is investigating and conspiring against whom. I found Quinn to be a bit arrogant and miserable, but Carter was a much more watchable character. Some of the agents’ departures are a bit heart-breaking at times. I like the graphics of the ending of each episode which suggests that the events that we’ve just witnessed are secret and are never to be discussed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment