Saturday 22 February 2020

Devious Distortion

I was a bit nervous about posting my personal documents online. I was worried that even if fraudsters got hold of some of my information, they may be able to extract it for their gain. Then after tweaking the photo ready for uploading, I saw how easy it was to distort the photo and hide the information. For starters, all the letters are swapped in different fields. Then instead of being blurred; they’re warped into a different pattern. Any facial features are blurred and distorted before being mixed up so that it’s difficult to tell if it’s an eye or a nostril. Then the whole image is edited into a stained-glass window so that hopefully you can’t tell what document it is. I’m still worried that someone’s got some deblurring software out there though. So just to be sure, I’ve inverted the image. It’s like a magic eye gone wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment