Sunday 9 February 2020

Stating the Obvious

Don’t you just hate it when your customers state the obvious? One of the comments that I get when I offer to carry heavy items for them is “I’m parked just outside”. We’re in a retail park. Where else would they be? It’s as if they’re lost for words or they’re unable to tell me that they’re ready to go. One of these days I’m going to answer back with a simple “Really? Me too” or “couldn’t you find the underground car park?” I wonder if they’ll just shrug it off or take offence to these remarks. They may even complain so I’ll have to be careful as to who I’ll try it on. One of them tried to make a joke of it once and said, “Is now a good time to tell you that I’m on the bus?”. Unfortunately, it was lost on me as I thought he said “Is now a good time to tell you that ‘I’m the boss?”.

No comments:

Post a Comment