Saturday 11 March 2017

The Adventures of Captain Cluckers #sharrack3

‘I’ve had Captain Cluckers with me ever since I was a nipper. He’s accompanied me on many an adventure since I first found him on an abandoned farm. We’d been stationed there all night to stop the Germans entering France and the villagers had been forced to evacuate. But during our primary scout out of the area, we stormed an old barn and woke up this chicken who had abandoned its coop in favour of a cosier nest in the rooftops. The instant we saw it; everyone had just one thing on their minds – lunch. But I said, hang on a minute Sarge; this chicken looks quite healthy. We’ve got a truck now and if we play our cards right we could look after this chicken and have fresh scrambled eggs every morning wherever we go. I didn’t realise that at the time that we’d only get one egg a day; but scrambled egg Sunday became a much loved event for our troop and Captain Cluckers became a permanent mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment