Monday 13 March 2017

Colonel Cluckers Ventures Out

I was born in a barn with mother chicks. As part of a large family, food was always a struggle; and it was always a wait to get the juiciest worms. I often had to tug them with my brothers and sisters. When I became strong enough to be left enough on my own two feet, I struggled to find a nice place to roost with my mother. Every night when it was cold I was always left without any hay. Yet in the morning, I looked up and saw the sun stream in through the hole above the barn. So as soon as I learnt to fly, I made sure that the nest up there would be my own so that I would be the first to feel the sun’s warmth and be the first up to find the best food. So when my family got driven out by the farmer, I decided to stay since there wasn’t much that they were offering me at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment