Monday 20 March 2017

Take Me Out to the Ball Game #dreamdiary25

My American friend decides to show me a traditional American ball game. We arrive at the stadium and take our seats, but they’re way too low. They’re actually below the viewing area and we can’t see anything. The guy next to me asks who am I here to see; and I tell him that we’re here to watch the Pittsburgh Pirates. As we slowly climb the rows of seating towards a point where we can watch the action, day turns into night and the floodlights cast huge shadows over the pitch, covering its perfect lawn trim. And there’s just one team on the field in yellow on black uniforms. I’m gasping for a beer but this means climbing over everyone to get to the bar. I also wouldn’t mind a hotdog but there isn’t a vendor in sight. In fact there isn’t even any aisles in this seating layout; it’s just row upon row of seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment