Wednesday 29 March 2017

Ambridge Flower Power at the Southcrest Manor Hotel, Redditch

So the fancy hotel just up the road from me has decided to have a go at running a beer festival. Oddly, it’s decided to dedicate Friday night to CAMRA members only; which is great for us but it makes for a very quiet night. When I arrived, I headed outside to find a single marquee has been pitched at the end of the lawn; and inside is a choice of eight beers alongside a selection of cider and a prosecco bar. The bales of hay were very decorative but shame that that weren’t any others to join us. It was £6 to get in, but the offer also included half price beer; though some couldn’t understand that you had to sacrifice one offer to get the reward. I wonder what that conversation sounded like in the lobby where there were discussing it? They didn’t even come down to say hi. We spent a happy couple of hours chatting amongst ourselves then when darkness set in we invaded the tent and tried to chat up the bar staff. I never made it back over the weekend; though I heard that most of the ‘live music’ just turned out to be a resident DJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment