Wednesday 29 June 2016

McAfee Misery

So this was the month that my parent’s McAfee subscription was due to expire. They had already received an e-mail telling them it had expired, a second e-mail apologising for the first e-mail being wrong that it was due to expire; and a third e-mail with the wrong expiration date. As I was going away I asked if they really wanted to continue with McAfee, and they said yes. So just before I went away I bought a discounted activation key from the shop and installed it. Frantic messages then followed saying that the computer wasn’t working; they couldn’t check e-mails or open basic programs. It was then decided to use my computer instead to play Facebook games, only to complain that they couldn’t read the screen when they wanted to read e-mails. Even McAfee itself refused to load and didn’t even show a start-up screen. Clearly the manufacturers have done something wrong here… 

No comments:

Post a Comment