Friday 24 June 2016

Darts

I just love a good game of darts. I think the pub enjoys it too; the thud of metal sinking into rubber, the atmosphere, the competitiveness of the battle to win; just so long as you don’t hit wood (or anything else besides the board for the matter). Killer is the easiest in our group and it’s also quite tactical. I prefer 301 and now 501 as we’ve got better over the years; but it’s always me that does the maths. My favourite game is Cricket as it really makes you think before you throw? Do you concentrate on scoring invading, or securing another territory? My favourite pub to play darts in has recently got rid of its board, which is a great shame, as their area manager isn’t keen on the sport. So here is evidence of one of our very last great games there; a moment when each player became a champion of a different game, each with its own set of different rules. I wonder if there is a name for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment