Saturday 4 June 2016

Goddards Fuggle Dee-Dum at William White, Nuneaton

I’ve returned to Nuneaton for another CAMRA meeting; and today I’m feeling a bit more independent and daring to try new pubs. A bit of fortune brought me to town early as a previous connecting train was delayed, allowing me the opportunity to board as soon as I’d arrived at Birmingham New Street, and I had an hour to kill. Seeing that the local Lloyds was open, I jumped at the chance to grab the first Cask Marque scan of the day. The atmosphere was full of breakfast goers, and the beer selection was a bit uninspired, with only a 4.8% amber beer as a guest ale which isn’t the best way to start a full day’s session. The staff were just functional, and after lapping the island bar I retreated to a table near the window to make some phone calls and enjoy my half-conditioned beer. Sadly, the William White is no longer standing as Wetherspoon has marked it for closure, which just goes to show that you need to seek out and use these pubs before you lose them!

No comments:

Post a Comment