Sunday 24 April 2016

The Missing River

Isn’t it frustrating when you take a beautiful picture but you can’t remember where the place is? Somewhere on our Northern Ireland tour we parked on a small road bridge just before arriving at the rope bridge to look at a beautiful private dwelling which had a river running alongside it. There was a smaller bridge with a castle wall running alongside. I remember that it was somewhere between Ballygally and Ballintoy and I thought it was definitely inland as we’d left the coastline to make up time. After much searching on Google Maps, I finally found it to be Glenarm Castle’s Historic Walled Gardens, another must-see place on my return to the Emerald Isle. The place was so attractive that I’d totally discarded the sea on the north side. But Google Street View can often be very finicky; because as much as you zoom into the bridge before loading it; you still get an image with a river nowhere in sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment