Monday 13 January 2014

All creased up

The Japanese art of origami is a relaxing technique, and I have an origami calendar to make something each day. There are lots of folds to make with pictures and diagrams, and you use yesterday’s instructions to make today’s model, so but you’re never going to remember how to make each item next time you’re at a dinner party and need to entertain folk. That’s what the internet is for; you can always Google the item on YouTube. The trouble is that I never seem to commit to get the item right. No matter how many folds I make, I've got no idea whether I'm doing each step right or wrong. So how do you know you’re doing it right? Well, this year I’I'm going to try and finish the calendar (even though I didn't clean my teeth at all yesterday). If it’s good, it can sit on the mantelpiece for a day, and if it’s rubbish, it’s going in the bin even quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment