Saturday 27 July 2024

What Sound do Hamsters make?

I could be played an actual audio file of a hamster. Or it could be a joke. Either way, I’ve owned a hamster and I’ve never known it to make any sound unless it’s in distress; in which case it does squeak; unless it spent its life in terror as it spent most of its life in a cage trying to escape. Perhaps that’s the modern role of a hamster. It wasn’t the hamster itself, but what it constantly made was a rattling sound as it loved to gnaw on the cage bars, if only to try and trim its teeth. I suppose I should have provided a block of cork to help it. It only ever escaped if the door wasn’t shut properly, even if it was the roof section. It loved to do the monkey bars. It was only quiet when it was asleep or if it was eating something; though it never went nom gnom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment