Saturday 13 July 2024

Mucking about MOTs

I’m sure that most people, like me, don’t like being mucked about with when it comes to paying for a service that you don’t know much about. Obviously you want a good deal, but at the same time you want knowledge that you can trust and be felt that you’re being looked after and everything’s being done in your best interest, especially when it’s something that you’re putting off. You’re normally allowed to get your car into the garage for your MOT a month before it’s due to give you plenty of time to put right any errors, but sometimes the dread of the expense is just too much. I needed it done quickly so I went to one of the chain garages that operated on a Sunday. Unfortunately, the rest of the trade didn’t, so when it came to a part that needed ordering, I had to wait a few days. But so did the car. It also meant that the service team didn't have a clue when I called for an update. They'd left me hanging before by completing work without bothering to tell me that it was ready. I'm not going to be using them again, but I do need to be more prepared to get around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment