Monday 15 July 2024

When your hobby becomes someone else's job #dreamdiary 181

We’re off to our local beer festival. It’s nice to be able to attend one without having to volunteer for a change. The trouble is that we haven’t checked the opening times. Inside, a tutored session is being led and some of my colleagues are inside handing out beer. They’re getting paid for this. They see us and they shush us to go away as we’re disturbing the lecture. It makes us look so unprofessional. We’ve now got to decide what to do. We can have a few beers at the pub next door, but that’s not what we’ve come down for as we can do that any time. Instead, we should go away and perhaps come back later. We split up and I head into the pub. After a pint, I notice that the lecture has finished. I wonder if I can sneak into the free session early or it might be free time reserved for those who are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment